Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Class 2 Mentor
Today I learned who my mentor will be for class 2 at AM. When I logged into AM and went to my workspace I saw the name Pete Paquette. I thought "Gee I haven't heard that name" then I clicked on his profile and said to myself "SWEET"! Turns out Pete has been with AM before but he was on a break partly because of the crazy deadlines he was under at Blue Sky Studios. The makers of Robots, the ICE AGE series, the No Time for Nuts short and the new Horton Hears a Who film. I can't tell you how stoked this gets me. I've admired Blue Sky for some time now. Back in school as an illustrator I had looked at Peter de Seve's work. I learned a while back that he had gone to Blue Sky. So this became the studio I most admired. SO... to land a super opportunity to have one of their gifted animators as my second mentor at AM. Well... I just feel lucky. The next 12 weeks are going to be tough but fun. Wish me luck!

No comments: