Thursday, November 01, 2007

Class number 7
From left to right. I started the drawing on the left and my instructor offered some suggestions. He did the smaller sketch to show me the most important lines of the pose. He stressed rather than just drawing the model—look closer and draw more. (not just what's there) So my attempt is the one on the right. I understand what he is talking about but translating it to paper is a dang challenge! I don't think I was all that successful. It was a tough day.

This drawing is one of the 5 minute poses from the same day. I felt better about this one.

2 comments:

cjk said...

I think you know I am not great at this type of drawing, but where I have been able to find success is not being afraid of making mistakes. So my goal is to have a bunch of sketchy lines creating the wholei. That's just a mental thing for me. If my goal is a proportioned well drafted piece, then my result is stale.
Check out the very sketchy, not afraid to be ugly beginning for a new painting on my blog.

cjk said...

your viewing public demands a new update