Saturday, September 22, 2007

Class number 3
These two charcoal pieces represent the last two poses of today's class. Class was up and down for me. I think things were
clicking as we warmed up. I was having success with my gesture drawings but once we settled in on a longer pose (at the far left) something happened. I lost the mojo if you will. So I talked about it with the instructor and he helped me work out the structure of the pose. Then we moved on to the figure with the drapery. I have to say I really enjoyed trying to capture this pose with its Romanesque attitude.

I've also included some of the gesture drawings since I was having such a good time with them.

2 comments:

Keith Lewis said...

Nice ones on the long poses. Looking good.

Omar Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.